FREE WEBINAR ON ELOPEMENT
QuickStart Early Intervention for Autism is pleased to offer this free webinar on
ELOPEMENT (flight risk) in young children with autism
What is elopement?
- Elopement is a behaviour described as fleeing an area without the permission of a caregiver leaving the child without supervision.
- Nearly half of children with autism engage in wandering behaviours (National Autism Association, 2020)
Who is this webinar for?
Parents/caregivers of children age 5 and under who are a flight risk (elope).
Véronique Chiasson, Occupational Therapist and certified Early Start Denver Model Therapist/Trainer with Emerging Minds est.
Free for parents and caregivers.
DATES/TIMES: Please note this is a 3-part webinar. Each registrant attends all three sessions.
- Wednesday, May 12th at 8pm (Initial webinar)
- Wednesday, June 9th at 8pm (Group session Q & A supporting parent/caregiver goals)
- Wednesday, July 7th at 8pm (Group session Q & A supporting parent/caregiver goals)
- Support parents/caregivers in identifying risk factors of elopement in their child
- Describe the causes of wandering
- Determine preventative strategies
- Skill building in children who are at risk of flight or who have wandered or eloped
- Develop a plan of action for when flight does arise
Included for each webinar registrant:
- All three webinar sessions
- Access to resources (visuals, flight plan worksheets, suggested goals for skill building)
- Access to the initial webinar records
Please note that spaces are limited to 15 for this webinar.
TO REGISTER: send an email with the subject line Elopement Webinar Registration
Include in your email:
- Parent/Caregiver's first and last name
- Child's first name and age
- Your phone number and the best email to reach you
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With our thanks to our webinar Sponsor, Coordinated Access